Book Club Guide
BOOK CLUB GUIDE
A BOOB’S LIFE: How America’s Obsession Shaped Me… and You
“One of the best books for book clubs ever to read, as so very, very discussable.”
Kathy L. Murphy, founder and CEO of 850 Int’l Pulpwood Queens Book Clubs
A Boob’s Life is the Official Selection for May 2021.
A Boob’s Life is featured by Good Morning America, People, Glamour, Entertainment Tonight online, Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books podcast – and Salma Hayek calls it a “must-read.
Here are ideas for a Dress Code, Snacks, Party Games, a Music Playlist with the theme song co-written by the author, and most importantly, Discussion Questions…
A Boob’s Life covers decades from the 1960’s to present day. Why not have a Theme Party?
1950’s Cone bras
1960’s Push-up bras
1970’s Halter tops
1980’s Corset bras
Today Sports bras
Cupcakes with a cherry on top for the nipple.
Or, choose a food-related nickname for breasts: cream pies, double lattes, dumplings, grapefruits, honey hams, lollipops, Lunchables, marshmallows, meatballs, melons, milk jugs, nectarines, nuggets, peaches, tater tots, yams, yum-yums, watermelon balls.
Party Game Ideas
Have a quiz with fun facts from the book.
Make a bingo game with nicknames of boobs.
It’s A Boob’s Life, Ladybug Island, YouTube https://tinyurl.com/ItsABoobsLifethemesong
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Cyndi Lauper
California Gurlz, Katy Perry
RESPECT, Aretha Franklin
I Am Woman, Helen Reddy
Your favorites from The Gogo’s, the Chicks, Beyoncé, Miranda Lambert, No Doubt, Kelly Clarkson, Sheryl Crow… ladies choice!
The fact pages between chapters highlight many topics to discuss in A Boob’s Life.
Here are a few questions to get you started.
1. Everyone has a boob story. What is yours?
2. Do you have nicknames for your boobs?
3. Do you remember your first bra?
4. How do you feel about your boobs today?
5. When is the first time you noticed that you were treated differently as a girl?
6. Did you ever hide your breasts for work?
7. Do you think low cut dresses are empowering or exploitive?
8. Do you think it’s okay to breastfeed in public?
9. Why do you think we’ve never had a woman President?
10. Do you ever judge other women by their bodies?
11. How many people do you know who have had breast cancer?
12. If you had the BRCA gene, would you have a mastectomy?
13. If you had cancer would you have reconstruction?
14. Did Covid kill the bra?
15. Would you let your daughter get breast implants?
16. Have you ever experienced domestic abuse?
17. How will you practice selfcare today?
18. Do you allow family members to have Playboy in the house?
19. Have you ever been paid less than a man?
20. How many bras do you have?
21. What do you tell daughters about being a woman? Your sons about being a man?
22. If you were writing a memoir, how much would you reveal? Why?
Whatever you decide, have fun. And LOVE YOUR BOOBS!
Download PDF here.